Fire Roller Shutters
Fire Roller Shutters are manufactured using industrial components to comply with BS476 Part 22 and are designed to stop the spread of fire from one room to another for a limited amount of time, Fire Roller Shutters are NOT intended for daily use and would
normally remain open unless a fire alarm or fire itself
triggers the roller shutter to descend.
Fire shutters should only be fixed to masonry or steel opening structures that are of equal or greater fire resistance to the roller shutter itself.
- Certified to offer up to 4 Hours Protection
- Tested to BS 476 Part 22:1987 at the Loss Prevention Laboratory.
- Available in sizes up to 6.5 metres square (depending on application)
- Manually or Electrically Operated (Single or 3-Phase)
- Galvanised or Polyester Powder Coated Finishes Available.
- Optional Smoke Seals available
Fire Roller Shutters can be configured to automatically close by one of the following methods:
- Thermal fusible link (Manually Operated) which with contact of heats greater than 68 ° C would release the roller shutter to descend at a controlled speed.
- Fire Alarm Interface (Electrically Operated) which when linked to a suitable fire alarm (wired by a fire alarm engineer) to the solenoid release unit would release the roller shutter to descend at a controlled speed.
- Optional Fire Control Panel, Audio/Visual & Battery Back-Up System are available for electrically operated fire shutters